Fumofumo san

I still remembered my first encounter with a fumofumo san. It was inside a toy store in Ueno, Tokyo. A mugugu hung lazily over a wooden rod, staring at me as if he wants to know who I am. Ever since, I was captivated by this enchanted stuffed animal. Are you a fan of fumofumo san too? I'd love to hear all about it! Please feel free to leave me a message!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Fumofumo - Chikori?

人のそばが好きなフモフモさんが発見されたみたいです。



Another new fumofumo san! The name is chikori, it likes to be around people as described by Shinada. However, I really have no idea what is the inspiration for this fumofumo. The two circles at the cheek of chikori do remind me a sparrow, but the Japanese translation of sparrow is suzume, which does not really resemble chikori. The chikori also reminded me of fuku the owl or pemomo the penguin (see below). I guess they are all birds!



Pictures taken from shinada.net




1 comment:

  1. Hi! We are a boy and a girl from Italy and we really LOVE fumofumo sans... we believe they can almost understand us and love us back sometimes :)
    so sweet!

    We opened a Tumblr only about them..
    if you want to have a look...

    http://fumofumofumo.tumblr.com/

    Our best wishes,

    Eugenia and Riccardo

    (and we hope to come back to Japan really soon)

    ReplyDelete