Fumofumo san

I still remembered my first encounter with a fumofumo san. It was inside a toy store in Ueno, Tokyo. A mugugu hung lazily over a wooden rod, staring at me as if he wants to know who I am. Ever since, I was captivated by this enchanted stuffed animal. Are you a fan of fumofumo san too? I'd love to hear all about it! Please feel free to leave me a message!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fumofumo san - long arms stuffed animals



Have you ever heard of fumofumo san? They are a line of stuffed animals designed by the Japanese company Shinada. These cute stuffed animals have characteristically long arms that you will never forget about. At first, I thought these out of proportion arms have no functional use other than just a design form. But very soon, I discovered that you can easily wrap the soft arm around your neck to keep yourself warm at night. Is this serendipity? I really want to know too!

(image taken from http://www.shinada.net/)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! I hope to learn more. And hope to see myself here soon.

    - Little Mole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog! My sister and I have been scouring the Internet for years trying to find the source for our fumofumo – now we know – frog. We're stoked to find this so unexpectedly :D Please keep this going!

    ReplyDelete